Creating meaningful mementos and traditions to do as a family are all great ways to honor your loved one and feel close to them. These mementos and traditions can be passed down in your family from generation to generation, that way your loved one’s story lives on forever. If you want any assistance, suggestions, or want to learn about the memorial products we offer, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our staff.
Mementos can be anything from a simple memorial craft to a more intricate tribute — both are just as special. You don’t have to be an avid crafter to make a memorial item to pay tribute to your loved one. The meaning by the memento is what truly matters, creating something to bring you comfort during your grief and celebrate their life story.
Below are a few mementos that you can make in tribute to your loved one:
- Decorate a memorial frame to place your loved one’s photo in.
- Make a scrapbook of your loved one’s trips, holidays, and other significant life events.
- Print your favorite photos of your loved one to place inside a photo album.
- Use their clothing to make a memorial blanket or memory teddy bear.
- Start a journal for expressing grief, sharing memories, or telling your loved one about your life.
In addition to memorial items, you can gather your family members and friends of the deceased to start a meaningful tradition to honor your loved one’s memory. Or you also can create your own personal tradition to honor and remember your loved one by.
Below are a few memorial tradition ideas to get you started:
- Visit your loved one’s gravesite, ash scattering location, or a memorial location to leave flowers, talk out loud to them, or sit and think about them.
- Cook your loved one’s favorite food or famous recipe. You can invite your family and friends over for a meal to share memories of your loved one.
- Plan a trip to your loved one’s favorite places or visit a place that they always wanted to go see.
- Honor them at holiday gatherings by making a toast, leaving an empty chair open, or another meaningful gesture.
- Spend time doing something that they loved, whether that was gardening or watching movies.
Windmill Ridge Funeral Service will work with you to create a permanent tribute to honor the life of your loved one. No matter what you have in mind, any gravestone or larger memorial structure can be created for you.
Physical monuments can be created using a number of different materials. Our monument provider offers several different colors of granite grave markers and headstones, as well as cast bronze options. Granite memorials can be configured in a number of different shapes, while bronze markers typically lie flush with the burial ground. Both materials can be used to create monuments to suit your family’s needs.
We offer a number of different monument styles, giving you the opportunity to commemorate your loved one’s life in whatever way feels most appropriate to you.
Once you have selected your monument materials and configuration, a number of different ornamentation options exist to allow you to personalize your memorial. Please note that the size and style of your chosen monument may limit the amount of ornamentation you are able to include. Contact our office for more information on the available options.